Last Friday we watched Kit Kittredge. It was a pretty good movie! I would give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5, only because there was no reason to put in a child’s movie a dance instructor, Miss Dooley, who batted her eyelashes at the magician every time she saw him, who thankfully paid her no attention.
Here is what I liked about the movie:
- I liked that there was no disobedience in the movie. That was nice.
- I also liked how there was no boy/ girl stuff. Not that there was any in Felicity, Molly, and Samantha.
- I loved how Kit obeyed and served her family and boarders even when times were tough.
- I also liked how that they stood up for what was right even when others did not.
- And, finally, I liked how Kit persevered even when it was tough.
I really liked the movie. Here is a little blurb about it:
Kit Kittredge is a young girl growing up during the Great Depression. Everything is fine until, BOOM, her dad loses his car dealership and has to go to work in Chicago and they have to take in boarders. Then someone steals all their money! They just about lose their home when Kit, Ruthie, and Stirling go about to try to catch the thieves! Will they succeed?……..